HELP US MAKE BOGNOR REGIS BETTER FOR BUSINESS
Bognor Regis is a town that has so much potential and it is time for that potential to be realised, reversing decades of decline and building on recent improvements.
The town is on the up and the BID can keep this momentum going.
If businesses work together in partnership with other stakeholders to deliver the BID, Bognor Regis can become a more thriving, vibrant and exciting town centre.
The town has the basic ingredients of a great shopping environment, great attractions and a welcoming, clean and safe place, but this can be improved to encourage more visitors to come and explore the town. Not many towns can boast a Seaside Award-winning beach literally a stone’s throw from the centre!
We have listened to what you have told us is important for your business, and created this BID Proposal and a full Business Plan from your ideas. The priorities that businesses have identified to create a better trading environment are:
• Promote a positive image of Bognor Regis
• Reduce crime and anti-social behaviour
• Stimulate the evening and night time economy
• Better parking
In June, you will have the opportunity to vote to make these plans a reality. We hope you will support this vision to improve the town centre by voting YES in the ballot.
Together we are stronger and will make Bognor Regis a better place for business!
Chairman of the Bognor Regis Traders Association
WHAT A BID WOULD MEAN FOR YOUR BUSINESS?
Bognor Regis Town Centre has made big strides under a dedicated town centre management initiative.
A BID would continue and build on this work to deliver more benefits for business such as:
- over £700,000 over 5 years to invest in the improvement priorities identified by you
- more visitors to the town centre, staying longer and spending more
- more of the customers that you want
- co-ordinated marketing, promotion and events
- a safer and more welcoming town centre
- a co-ordinated plan to improve the town at night
- better parking
- a stronger business voice on the issues affecting you
WE’VE ALREADY COME A LONG WAY…
Since starting the town centre management initiative in 2014, Bognor Regis has made great strides.
Achievements to date include:
- Dozens of new good quality businesses both chains and independents have chosen to locate in Bognor Regis
- Vacancy rates down from 14% in 2012 (35 empty properties) to 9% now (23 empty properties)
- £2.2M invested in new high quality paving, lighting, seating and street furniture transforming the public environment
- Full pedestrianisation of the precinct, and reduction of vehicles in High Street
- Footfall up, with a weekly average of 94,000 walking through London Road, and 68,600 non-local visitors (irregular/regional/tourism) per week
- Estimated £3M private sector investment in upgrading the external and internal appearance of business premises
- Innovative and high quality events such as food and craft markets, Young at Art and the unique Aerial Birdman which created record turnover for businesses
- Finalist in Great British High Street Awards 2015 raising the profile of the town
- Free award-winning customer service, digital skills and dementia awareness training
- Business Wardens to help reduce crime